We went RAW and have transitioned to Vegan . . . most of the time

So, we went RAW for 30 days . . for real.  I was asked to join some folks for a 30daysRaw challenge and of course, I joined.  I like a good challenge and I've never been a big meat eater so, why not?  I never in my wildest dreams thought my husband would actually join me in this challenge but after watching that famous Netflix documentary, What The Health . . he was all in. His desire to eat RAW came as a surprise and made this challenge just that much easier but in some ways harder.  I had to find enough flavorful food for him to eat and he isn't always easy to please.  I found myself following a strict set of rules, reading multiple blogs, pinterest and of course joining my favorite group of RAW, TrueHealth family.  They provided me all the science, medical and emotional support I could ever want.  I learned enough to get me started and then of course they continue to offer me support and answer all my questions as asked.

I was most curious about how this would affect us physically and am pleased to say that we are both feeling fantastic, full of energy and down quite a few pounds.  I am most pleased by that fact that my digestion issues appear to have disappeared.  They revisit if I make some bad choices with too much gluten but other than that . . no issues.  I take the worlds best probiotic everyday, take a daily dose of minerals and antioxidants including the all important B12 while eating vegan.  RAW EATING MADE EASY


 Organization is key for me.  The pantry items that I use the most now have a special place with special glass containers.  We use lots of nuts and seeds as they offer a great source of protein and flavor.  One of the keys to using nuts is soaking them 1st.  This is important in the RAW diet and it also makes the nuts much easier to cook with.



 I have become the best RAW, Vegan desert maker around.  This carrot cake is a true RAW delight.  My favorite, not pictured here is a RAW, Vegan brownie . . yummy!



RAW tacos, yes everyone tries them and if you haven't you should.  They are fantastic and the taco meat pictured here has quickly become our favorite.

RAW pizza is not easy to make.  Do not take on such a recipe if you don't have hours in your day.  This was good but I need more practice before it becomes great.









Spiralizing makes cooking fun!  I love this dish and now that we are in the fall season, with cooler temperature . . I warm it up and still enjoy it thoroughly.





If you have any questions about the products used in this post, just comment below.  I encourage y'all to live your best lives everyday.  That may not mean RAW or Vegan for you and that is ok just as long as you feel good inside and out!

Comments

Popular Posts